October 31, 2006

Just Stuff






Howdy!!!

I know I haven't posted for awhile and I really don't have much to say today BUT I have been keeping track of all the new things I've learned while I've been on my "Blog Hiatus," so I thought I'd pass some stuff along. Enjoy! As I'm sure you've already noticed, I added some pictures on here as well because, quite frankly, I just like pictures :-)

1) The tighter you grip a ball, the slower the speed of the pitch.

2) Americans produce 210 Million Tons of waste a year! (Gross! My personal mission is to reduce my production of waste and to be more mindful of my environmental impact. I'll start listing ways that we can all make a positive difference in our world).

3) Genes account for only 48% of the factors that determine one's IQ.

4) The United States is the largest consumer of bananas. On average, we eat 26 pounds of bananas per year.

5) The Wellsville Mountains in northern Utah are the steepest mountains in the U.S. Their steepness is determined by their height and the width of their base.

1 comment:

Susie said...

Hey Karah!
How goes it? Yeah, I was (and still am) super-excited about the Cards! For awhile, it did make me feel like I was back in Missouri. A few friends here went to school at SLU and so they're big Card fans and we watched game 5 together...it was pretty cool.
So, are you liking Seattle? I want to make it up there sometime to see a few folks. Do you know where Forks, WA is?
Have a great day!